The Messy Kitchen – Seed Recipes
Seedy Recipes from The Messy Kitchen
Sweet and Seedy Vegetables
- One teaspoon of honey.
- Two teaspoons of soy sauce.
- 2 tablespoons of honey mustard seed mix.
- Your Selection of Seasonal Vegetables.
- Lightly cook the vegetables by blanching in hot water.
- Drizzle the soy sauce and honey over the vegetables and place in the oven at 180
degrees for ten minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of mixed seeds on the vegetables, mix and serve!
Avocado Hummus with Pumpkin seed crunch
- 1 large ripe avocado.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed, drained.
- 2 tablespoons of tahini, well mixed.
- One juiced lime.
- 1 garlic clove.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1 large handful of parsley.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling.
- 2 teaspoons of the honey seed mix for serving.
- Process avocado, chickpeas, tahini, lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, and 1 cup.
cilantro in a food processor until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add 2 Tbsp. oil, then continue to process until hummus is very light and creamy.
- Serve with chopped parsley and sprinkles of seeds.
Super Seedy Smoothie
- 100g raspberries, fresh or frozen.
- 100g strawberries fresh or frozen.
- 25g of oats.
- 1 banana.
- 200 ml of orange juice or coconut water (or both!)
- Pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and desiccated coconut to serve.
- Combine all ingredients together in a mixer or blender.
- Serve with pumpkin seeds or your favourite type of seeds!
A little bit about the messy kitchen…
My name is Aislinn Flynn from The Messy Kitchen. I have a huge passion for food and I am in my final year of a four-year degree in Nutrition and Nutraceuticals in DIT. Here are some of my favourite recipes to make using the fantastic range of seeds from Seed Necessities!
Follow The Messy Kitchen on Instagram.